Saturday, March 30, 2013

Villains of the future

So it's coming clear to me that even if the supreme court manages to drop the ball on DOMA and Prop 8, eventually (and I'm not a fan of that word) we will grow up and give Americans the right to marry. Because this isn't really a gay v straight issue. This is a human rights issue. We have members of our society who are gay, good for them, they are tax paying members of our community and the government (which takes it's cut of their earnings) refuses them equal protection under the law and equal representation in the law.  So, as a woman I can really relate to this. Yeah, give me a break if you really think we are equal.  Be a woman, get raped and then come talk to me about how equal we are.... after the cops call you a slut and examine why you were dressed that way.  Fuck the patriarchy.

Anyway, I think this sums it up.  But one last thing. A christian student told me that while she doesn't support gay marriage she doesn't hate. I dig that. I dig that the christian god teaches her that she must tolerate her fellow man. Funny that as an atheist my BRAIN tells me that I must love and accept my fellow man.  Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment