Monday, March 25, 2013

108!!!

Okay, pretty happy about that. I know I'm being a big fat hypocrite (and I mean big and fat) but I have to get okay with being a normal body weight. If I had a student who was being this ridiculous with food I'd have knocked her on her ass and rammed some hard-core feminism ideals and then when she was full of that, we have burgers and shakes. So I'm feeling a little low about work. Everything is going well in my teaching.. actually everything is going great in that department. I am a little worried my seniors teased me something awful about how they plan to shut down soon... I was hoping to get them to work for at least the next three weeks, but they are pretty sure this Thursday will be the last day their brains put in. Lord help me. Anyway it's my student teacher. I took this kid on because I honestly do feel I have a lot to teach another teacher. I know how conceited that sounds, but really I prep well, and I plan in advance excellently. I am disappointed that this person is lazy, refuses to plan and doesn't seem to have much of a clue. This is a great profession. Teaching is a blessing. Teaching is the best profession every. But it comes with a lot of work and responsibility. This kid comes in with a spark-notes understanding of the literature, and a bad attitude. He's unprepared and therefor can barely contain my kids, which is hard enough when you DO have a plan. Because he's unprepared the kids ask him questions, as they are confused. He snaps at them for asking too many questions. Really? I thought we were in a classroom. Tomorrow I think I'm going to have to sit him down and have a very stern talk with him. Then I'll let him ride it out until Thursday and terminate him. But it's probably better for him that I do it right away. I hate this. I'm a teacher so I don't have to be anyone's boss. This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment