Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Robocop for pope?

So I'm alone in my quest for a robocop pope.  "Get on your knees, creep." Oh, that was actually weird. Nevermind that.
So it's Francis the First. He's a lot of firsts. First Jesuit... never thought I'd see that day! First Latin American pope... actually not that surprised about that. This could be a time of progress in the Catholic church. Francis of Assissi was spoken to by God and told to rebuild the church in charity, faith and compassion.  I'd like to see this. That sounded glib, but I'd actually like to see this. My mother is Catholic, I'm only catholic because it's still my culture, but I don't believe in god. Well, maybe there is, maybe there isn't. I don't see why I should use my brain cells working out something like that. But my mom is actually a really good Catholic... she's a remarkable woman. Frankly, I'd like to see the church be worthy of her devotion. She, and all catholics, deserve a better church. I'd like to think this Francis The First might give them this.

No comments:

Post a Comment