Saturday, May 18, 2013

8 Mile run

So I began my day in beautiful fashion. I donned my new running shoes, got PJ O'Rourke's On the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith on my ipod, and ran 8 miles around my cute little town. The air was perfect, the sun was gentle, the smells of the town ran from pond water to fresh cut grass. It was amazing! I loved it.

First, PJ O'Rourke is hilarious, and he has a great take on Smith's work. I'm hoping to read his work over the summer...900 pages on economy... good times!

So did you catch what I said in the first paragraph?  I donned my NEW running shoes? Then ran 8 miles.  Yup, I have blisters twice the size of silver dollars on the back of both of my feet. Good times.

Meanwhile I enjoyed a nice slice of gingerbread with a great cup of my new tea, sunset spice (basically it's black tea with cinnamon). Then Michael and I went out for pizza and he talked me into one with pepperoni, sausage and bacon. I'm praying for my death, the pizza tasted so good and I feel so sick.  Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment