Monday, June 17, 2013

Rainy day blues

So does the rain ever stop? Honestly, I live in New England not Seattle.

I haven't heard from Gardner yet, but that's to be expected. She only posted the new position a few days ago and said she wouldn't make her decision until after she had interviewed those candidates. I'm still hopeful. I told God while driving home that if I got this post I would go to church every single Sunday for the rest of my life. And I would too. But it's wrong to bribe God. God should be worshipped because he created this world and the good parts of my life for me. Not because I want something. That's just childishness coming through as I get more and more desperate.

I am hopeful, but that is waning as the days go by. Only five days left to teach. Then I'm gone from Chaug. It was a good school, and I learned a lot, but I could grow more.  I think Gardner is the place for me to do it. I've grown with people and under people, now I need to tread out into the wilderness (so to speak) and teach on my own. I need to develop my own voice and curriculum. I'm ready for it. Now if only I can get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment